I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Oregon. I moved to La Grande a little over a year ago from Colorado. I received a Master of Arts degree from Colorado Christian University in 1999. I worked for Colorado Christian Counseling and a behavioral health hospital treating women struggling with life-threatening eating disorders and extreme negative body image.
My specialty and passion are working with women battling to live life the way God intended. My vision is to help women fully thrive in life vs. simply surviving. My own life story dealing with depression, insecurity, grief and loss, shame, marriage issues, boundary deficits and life transitions play a part in helping me to see you. I offer empathy, compassion and experience as we walk together in your hurt and pain while moving toward healing and hope.
I believe change can happen, here are a few of my thoughts:
- Exploring and discovering your key values
- Learn to believe you are more than your problems
- Learn to feel and express emotions appropriately
- Willingness to look at “old strategies” that no longer work
- Be intentional with a desire to think in new ways
- Learn to be vulnerable for healing current and past pain
- Biblical truth, surrender, community, acceptance and forgiveness
I incorporate my educational training and clinical experience, using proven therapy modalities such as ACT and Narrative Therapy complimenting the Word of God.